Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Year!

The past several months have been very busy for both of us here at EcoHip! We started a company, created new products, traveled to shows, and one of us found out we would be growing our family a little later this year! None of this would have been possible without the support and encouragement of our friends and family - whether that was sharing in our success or helping build our displays.


It seems as if the 1st was just a moment ago but we are already more than halfway though January. We've been hard at work creating new items, shipping out orders, and putting together plans for the upcoming year. All this while working as full-time SAHMs! We really have been busy!


So what can you expect from EcoHip in 2011? First, we are excited to announce that we have been accepted as a vendor at the Beaches Green Market. We will be making our debut in February. We are also planning on becoming regular vendors at other local markets and looking in to other fairs and shows in the Jacksonville area. We are also working on new products that we hope to share with everyone soon. Expansion plans include; new product lines for kids, moms, and the home!


As for us personally, we are expecting 2011 to be another great year.


Natalie - I'm expecting to have a busy year spending more time with my daughter whether that is taking her to the park or enrolling her in swim lessons. My husband and I are also planning on turning our porch in to a play room this year as well. I can not wait for this project to finally start! I also hope to knit my husband a couple pairs of socks as he didn't get any last year. I also resolve to get better at not sweating the small stuff. Living with a toddler is a continuous reminder of the need to be flexible and that things don't always work out as planned. As a person who loves planning and hates surprises, this has always been a challenge for me!


Amanda - I am currently anticipating alot of change in 2011! As mentioned above, I will be expecting my second child (don't know yet the sex) in June. My son will be turning two years old in June as well! Yes, they could possibly share the same birthday! Do you think they will hate me if I celebrate their birthdays on the same day?! lol I also plan to do lots of home improvement tasks around the house this year, as well. Mostly before the baby comes, of course! My son is a handful, but so much fun and so sweet. I am so excited to see his personality develop in this next year, and am always amazed to see what he is going to do/say next! We are also, looking forward to replanting our organic garden in the back yard in the spring and hope to have a successful enough crop to eliminate some of the need to purchase it from the grocery store. My goal for this year is to allow myself to take one day at time and make sure I leave a few minutes for myself everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment